EPS successfully lead one of the first pilots of ISO 50001 in Canada for 3M Canada at their Brockville facility, resulting in certification by 3M Brockville to ISO 50001 and the Platinum level of the US DOE Superior Energy Performance program.
EPS has written a case study of the project that will be released by the Office of Energy Efficiency.
EPS is Canada’s leader in ISO 50001 implementation.
EPS implements energy management systems including but not limited to ISO 50001 by providing services from the initial business case justification through to implementation of the energy management systems.
EPS is also assisting organizations to implement energy management systems that do not involve certification to ISO 5001.
EPS’s services typically involve 3 steps namely:
GAP ANALYSIS, WORK PLAN DEVELOPMENT & BUSINESS CASE PREPARATION
- Carrying out of a gap analysis of the organization’s current energy management practices vs. the best practices
- Development of a work plan for closing the gaps
- Development of a business case (costs and savings) associated with the implementation of the energy management system
IMPLEMENTATION OF THE ENERGY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- EPS will assist the organization with implementation of all aspects of energy management systems including establishment of required documentation, procedures, processes and systems as well as training of the organization
SUPPORT THROUGH THE CERTIFICATION STAGE
- EPS will support organizations through the EnMS certification stage for ISO 50001. EPS does not provide certification services but rather assists organizations in preparing for and successfully obtaining certification.